Dear Dixon Residents,
As Halloween is just around the corner, we at the Dixon Police Department want to ensure that everyone has a fun and safe celebration. While Halloween is a time for costumes, candy, and spooky excitement, it's also crucial to take certain precautions to keep our community safe.
1. Plan Your Route: Stick to well-lit areas and familiar neighborhoods. Make sure someone knows where you'll be and when you'll return.
2. Adult Supervision: Young children should always go trick-or-treating with an adult. Older kids should go in groups and keep in touch with their parents.
3. Costume Safety: Make sure costumes are flame-resistant and not too long to prevent tripping. Use reflective tape for visibility.
4. Check Candy: Before eating any treats, make sure to inspect them for tampering. When in doubt, throw it out.
1. Slow Down: If you're driving, be extra cautious. Children are excited and may move unpredictably.
2. Stay Alert: Avoid using your cell phone or any other distractions that could take your focus off the road.
New Traffic Controls
We've recently installed new traffic signals at several intersections. Even if you're familiar with the route, these changes make even known roads new. Please pay close attention to these new controls, especially during the busy Halloween evening.
We wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween! If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us at the Dixon Police Department.
We hope these tips help you enjoy a safe and happy Halloween. Let's all do our part to make this Halloween a great one for Dixon!
Stay safe and have a spooktacular Halloween!