Building Inspection Information
- All inspections are conducted between the hours of 8 AM and 3:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. No inspections on Wednesdays
- Please note, for new home builders in Homestead where there are special inspectors hired, inspections are conducted 5 days a week (including Wednesdays)
- Due to CoVID 19 we are offering limited virtual inspections for interior Residential permits. (These are at the discretion of the city inspector.)
- Note: The city is closed on all major holidays.
How to Request Inspection
To request an inspection for an ongoing city permitted project,
- Call the inspection line (707)-678-7005.
- This is a 24 hour automated request line.
- All Inspections called in prior to 3:30 pm are automatically scheduled for next inspection day.
- All requests made after 3:30 pm will automatically be scheduled the second available city inspection day.
- When requesting an inspection, please leave the followung important information.
- Permit Number,
- Site address,
- Contact name and phone number,
- Type of inspection required, and
- Any special notes (eg. AM or PM request, do you have dogs in back yard, etc.)
- Please note, due to limited staff, no confirmation calls are made to inspection requests.