Building Inspection Information
- For a complete handout on the inspection process and requirements, please see here
- All inspections are conducted between the hours of 8 AM and 2:30 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. No inspections on Wednesdays
- Please note, for new home builders in Homestead area, where there are special inspectors hired, inspections are conducted 5 days a week (including Wednesdays)
- Due to COVID-19 we are offering limited virtual inspections for interior Residential permits. (These are at the discretion of the city inspector.)
- Note: The city is closed on all major holidays - Veterans Day (Fri 11/11/23, Thanksgiving holiday (Th 11/24/22 + Fri 11/25/22), Christmas Eve Observed (Fri 12/23/22), Christmas Day observed (12/26/22), New Year's Day (observed Mon 1/2/23), Martin Luther King Birthday (Mon 1/16/23), Presidents Day (Mon 2/20/23), Memorial Day (Mon 5/29/23), Juneteenth (Mon 6/19/23), 4th of of July (Tues 7/4/23), Labor Day (Mon 9/4/23)
How to Request Inspection
To request an inspection for an ongoing city permitted project,
- Call the inspection line (707) 678-7005 - Pick option to reach building inspection line.
- This is a 24 hour automated request line.
- All Inspections called in prior to 3:00 pm are automatically scheduled for next inspection day.
- All requests made after 3:00 pm will automatically be scheduled the second available city inspection day.
- When requesting an inspection, please speak slowly and clearly and leave all of the following information:
- Permit Number
- Site address
- Contact name and phone number
- Type of inspection required, and
- Any special notes (e.g. AM or PM request, do you have dogs in back yard, etc.)
- AM or PM requests are not guaranteed, but we will try to honor them as best as possible
- Please note, due to limited staff, no confirmation calls are made to inspection requests.